Sometimes those bleeding,
Heal wounds in deep pain,
Sometimes those hearts ripping,
Fill someone’s void to remain.
Tears falling down in silence,
While laughing the loudest,
Feeling lost in the moment’s presence,
While helping to find those at darkest.
Standing as so-and-so’s shoulder,
Manifests a gesture of kindness,
But giving yourselves a love lesser,
Is near to living in nothingness.
Spread benevolence to others,
But leave something for your own,
Loving ourselves saves and matters,
Never abandon them all alone.
If we have things learned from our experiences this year, we also have things to banish in order to become better and wiser in the coming years. Below is the list of things one should stop doing before embarking on a new chapter.
1. Don’t give in to assumptions to avoid getting into trouble. Most of them are wrong. Seek the truth and deal with it professionally no matter how facts slap you in the face.
2. Don’t fret about people judging your unchanged imperfections. You are not winning the crowd; you are loving your soul.
3. Stop being condescending towards others. Don’t consider yourself best at something no matter how knowledgeable you seem. Regard yourself as a student in every circumstance learning from every person you meet regardless of his/her perspective. Be humble.
4. Don’t try to save friends who are there only to get advantage from you. You are not things to be used only when they need you. You are what you are created to be. A human! Distance yourself from them as soon as possible. Saving them would utterly make you less of a person. You don’t deserve varnished truth.
5. If you desire a rose without thorns, you are not living a life in reality. Stop wanting that! Bitter things are doomed to happen to let you taste the sweetness of life. Storms, deaths, accidents, rejections, and failures take place to provide more rooms for lessons and growth. Take them as a fuel to do better and become better.
I’d like to extend my immeasurable thanks to the people here on WP- friends, followers, and reading audience. Thank you for your support on my writings and for being part of my writing quest. Despite any turmoil that left us feeling deflated, we are still blessed because we have reached this far. This is worth rejoicing. I wish everyone a new year filled with hope, sanity, joy, love, and abundance.
“The more you say no to the things that don’t matter, the more you can say yes to the things that do.”
As I age, I learn to redirect my focus to what truly counts. When dogs bark at me, I convince myself to value meaningful things instead of getting distracted by them. Judgments are always there regardless of how good you are in the eyes of the majority. Having understood that so deeply, I have become more mindless of folly. I have turned into a braver person I never thought I could. I have learned the easier way and that is to take a little moment and ask myself. Is it normal to bite a dog when I am bitten? Is a dog worth throwing stones at?
Less often than not, we give in because we want to join the battle of egos to prove to others and to ourselves as well that we are not worth giving a f*ck. But little do we know that the more we immerse ourselves in it, the battle becomes more unwinnable. At times, leaving our thoughts unspoken and saying no when necessary is never a weakness. It is wisdom. Think of an instance when you fretted about your actions because you had attended to one’s judgment. Were you able to make good use of your time? And did you manage to do things on your priority list? Entertaining the least important ones will not make the most. Let us all remember that not every person is worthy of our attention. Not every person is worthy of our time and our energy. Let us not waste our saliva on someone who is not worth kissing. Let us not.
Indeed, saving our own resources for things that matter is of enormous help towards running our day or actualizing our dreams. Although it can be too upsetting to hear criticisms from people, keeping our mouth shut and refusing to react is sometimes the best response. Hence, let us discern which path is best to take. Let us go for a battle that is worth fighting. A battle that brings us closer to our goals. A battle that adds more value to our life. And a battle that makes us a better person every single day. Let us choose a great battle!
At times, we need to reassess ourselves- our dreams, our habits, our viewpoints and our core. And yeah, it is never too late to dream of something others find impossible. Never too late to replace our mundane hobbies with more productive ones. Never too late to do away with the negative perspective. Never too late to get rid of the things that do not matter in the end. It is never too late to start something new regardless of how old we are and how bad we were.
When our bad parts outweigh the good ones, then change. Only then you would get to know the most important person in front of the mirror.
A beautiful soul,
A ray of light,
A blessing from above,
The most precious gift.
So, make a change! Better yourself! It is never too late. Never too late.