If we have things learned from our experiences this year, we also have things to banish in order to become better and wiser in the coming years. Below is the list of things one should stop doing before embarking on a new chapter.
1. Don’t give in to assumptions to avoid getting into trouble. Most of them are wrong. Seek the truth and deal with it professionally no matter how facts slap you in the face.
2. Don’t fret about people judging your unchanged imperfections. You are not winning the crowd; you are loving your soul.
3. Stop being condescending towards others. Don’t consider yourself best at something no matter how knowledgeable you seem. Regard yourself as a student in every circumstance learning from every person you meet regardless of his/her perspective. Be humble.
4. Don’t try to save friends who are there only to get advantage from you. You are not things to be used only when they need you. You are what you are created to be. A human! Distance yourself from them as soon as possible. Saving them would utterly make you less of a person. You don’t deserve varnished truth.
5. If you desire a rose without thorns, you are not living a life in reality. Stop wanting that! Bitter things are doomed to happen to let you taste the sweetness of life. Storms, deaths, accidents, rejections, and failures take place to provide more rooms for lessons and growth. Take them as a fuel to do better and become better.
I’d like to extend my immeasurable thanks to the people here on WP- friends, followers, and reading audience. Thank you for your support on my writings and for being part of my writing quest. Despite any turmoil that left us feeling deflated, we are still blessed because we have reached this far. This is worth rejoicing. I wish everyone a new year filled with hope, sanity, joy, love, and abundance.